Fund Accountant (Jersey)
Lexius Search, Jersey
Desired areas of expertise:
Fund Accountant (Jersey)
Perform Client Fund Accounting core functions and ad hoc projects whilst ensuring high
quality of service is delivered within specified deadlines.
Duties and responsibilities
Client Fund accounting / technical
- Deliver Client Fund Accounting core functions, financial statement and tax return
preparation as well as periodic reviews, as required by the business across all
jurisdictions ensuring high level of accuracy, adherence to internal standards and
that deadlines are met
- Provide monthly quarterly and annual reporting
- Prepare regular NAV calculation, reporting and consolidation
- Prepare quarterly and annual fund accounts
- Liaise independently with auditors in the preparation of audited fund financial
- Assist with preparation of capital calls and fund distributions and prepare
reconciliations, bookkeeping of the same
- Accurate maintenance of accounts stages on accounts tracker and other
operating department logs to ensure proactivity and that data is registered in
desired fashion (WIP overruns/accounts queries/improvements ideas and templates
- Plan and prioritise allocated workload to ensure efficiency and chargeability
targets are met
- Maintain technical accounting and tax knowledge to ensure is up to date with
- Maintain professional behaviour and relationships within the business
- Ensure regular flow of communication within the team and other departments on
matters that affect delivery of the Client Accounting function
- Responsible for proper execution of projects
- Self-management of own workload, projects and completion of timesheets and
weekly chargeability achieved
People & Team
- Be approachable and accessible to your all team members, offering guidance
and development when required and assist in any training needs
- Provide new, innovative ideas on how to improve the efficiencies of daily tasks
and systems use
- Take care of, and establish good relationships with all suppliers, team members &
- Review and manage the workload of team administrators on a daily basis reporting
upwards to senior management
- Strive for excellence in your work and inspire those around you
- Review miscellaneous financial information as required by the Finance Group
- Manage the fee relationships with your clients, undertaking timely and accurate
Skills & Expertise
- A professional qualification e.g. ACA (preferable)/ICSA/STEP
- Comprehensive experience within a fund administration, trust administrative or
- Be able to deal with tasks independently & use own initiative
- Must be committed and driven to achieving excellence for themselves and their
- Strong academic background
- Knowledge of local legislation/Corporate Governance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Interest in and affinity with using technology to deliver client service
Please note that the role is in Jersey and will be performed there.
We are interested in candidates who already live in Jersey.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com or call Brigitte Welters LL.M at +31(0)641950252, however initial contact would be preferred via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.