AppD - Consultant - UK
CISCO Systems, Feltham
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
Analyzes customer requirements provided by the technical lead and implements AppDynamics software to meet defined technical needs and performance requirements supported by effective system validation and documentation.
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
- Works interactively with all project staff, both internal and customer;
Plan and Design
- Build: Owns all assigned areas of the build phase. Applies technical, education, process knowledge and best practices to deliver consistent, high quality, production ready solutions
- Validation: Provides leadership and education, throughout the validation phase to ensure the customer fully vets the solution capabilities within the defined project scope. Owns issue resolution through hands-on correction, re-design/re-build, project change order, or bug reporting, including: conducting migration tests and assisting in user acceptance testing.
- Successfully moves the customer into production. Production rollout success includes technical migration into the production environment, production testing, transition to support including any open defects or RFEs, and project closeout activities
- Conduct health checks periodically to ensure deployment is completed and production system is configured for customer success. Manage any open RFEs and outstanding Support tickets. Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and enhancement
Success Behaviors (What does Success look like?)
- Is a self-starter, prioritizing executing the right tasks first, and works with AD internal eco-system to maintain knowledge;
- Provides on time, accurate and realistic status reports or input to status reports using standard templates;
- Completes accurate time sheets and expenses weekly;
- Plans for and completes, relevant self-development for current and future role in conjunction guidance from manager with updated development plan;
- Completes all tasks with minimum re-work;
- Consistently achieves utilization targets and balances with development plans to ensure skills are updated and in demand;
- Manages and delivers assigned responsibilities within scope and budget;
- Seeks to identify and mitigate risks before issues arise and communicates early to PM;
- Builds and shares experience-based collateral directly with peers and via the relevant shared resources;
- Seeks to identify and share, with AD Project Manager, new opportunities on observed customer needs and AD capabilities;
- Fulfills all ethics and compliance training and testing requirements to protect AD interests and assets at all times.
Critical Competencies (What Skills/Certifications do you need?)
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge and awareness of all AD software components;
- Demonstrates a knowledge and awareness of the AD delivery methodology;
- Can effectively drive customer toward successful discovery and requirements capture if needed.
- Deep technical skills in at least one core language environment e.g. Java, PHP, .Net, Python, etc.
- Overall understanding of AD technical solutions and integration with application areas
- Builds skills in technical areas that support the deployment and integration of AD based solutions, including Applications, Base Level OS, Network, Virtual etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at all levels of project team and customer engagement;
- Prioritizes and manages time to deliver on commitments;
- Maintains competent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Maintains knowledge of PSA Timesheets and Expenses modules.
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- Relevant Years Technical IT experience that includes:
- Relevant years APM or application development experience.
- Meets assigned timelines with high-quality, complete deliverables in unsupervised, sometimes remote situations.
- Works well in teams providing strong, relevant input and allows ideas from others to be shared and used when appropriate.
- Interacts well with project and customer teams to contribute to successful project outcomes.
- Can build Champions internally and externally.
- Multiple languages preferred
- International experience preferred
- Required technical bachelors degree or equivalent;
- ITIL Foundation level Certification.
- Holds current AppDynamics AEEP certification at all times
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Competitive compensation for your work.
- Generous time off policy with 5 weeks of vacation, paid sick days and an extra day off as our gift to your birthday. We also offer up to 4 weeks of emergency situation time off, should such unfortunate and unexpected situation occur.
- Support for your volunteering activities by giving you additional paid time off.
- Opportunity to broaden your horizons by attending popular conferences.
- Private healthcare program with access to many high-quality health services and comprehensive preventive check-up once a year, which can be simply ordered by the phone or online.
- Pension insurance contribution and additional life insurance that can provide financial help in the shape of a lump sum payment for your family/dependents in the event of something really bad happened to you.
- Team outing events.
Other Benefits include:
- Baby Gift Program
- Maternity & Paternity Support
- Employee and Family Assistance
- Expert Medical Opinion
- Travel Related Benefits (including International SOS; 24/7 Emergency Wallet Card & Medical Benefits Abroad)
- Participation in Cisco Employee Stock Purchase Program
Just a Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.