Balfour Beatty Construction, Edinburgh
- Unlock Salary Benchmark*
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our BB Kilpatrick team to work in Edinburgh.
To provide strategic commercial management, strong leadership and control of a multi skilled team comprising commercial resources at all levels and facilitation of strong links with other teams within and external to the project.
What you'll be doing
As a Commercial Manager you will:
- Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities;
- Provide advice to the Project Director to commercial implications of health, safety, and environmental issues;
- Ensure that sufficient resources are allocated to the works section and that each has an appropriate level of ability. Establish opportunities for mentoring to facilitate this;
- Provide commercial input to value engineering reviews for different forms of construction;
- Review tenders and cost data;
- Co-ordinate the commercial team to ensure programme issues are identified and actioned;
- Manage the preparation of the monthly operating statement and associated commercial reports;
- Establish client supply chain requirements and advise on alternative forms of contract and procurement arrangements;
- Undertake disputes resolution application of legislation and liaison with legal experts;
- Take initiative to respond to market/customer requirements.
Who we're looking for
- Have the ability to cascade information in a positive way to staff at all levels;
- Have an understanding of economic factors that affects the construction industry;
- Have the ability to review tenders and cost data;
- Have the ability to manage the preparation and review of Earned Value Management;
- Be able to report and explain the commercial progress to senior teams;
- Be experienced at establishing client supply chain requirements and advising on alternative forms of contract and procurement arrangements;
- Have an understanding of disputes resolution including options, structure as well as knowledge of the SCL Protocol;
- Be experienced in the recruitment and development of talent within the business;
- Be experienced in managing change and bringing about business improvement;
- Have an awareness of political issues, and seek win-win situations, whilst maintaining effective relationships.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We deliver flexible civil engineering and construction services from regional hubs and UK-wide local delivery units, aligned to chosen sectors.
Responsible for close to £2 billion of turnover annually, our teams deliver regional and national framework contracts, new builds, refurbishment and fit out across a number of core markets.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
- Job Description
The Experteer Benchmark is an Experteer service that shows you the estimated market value of a specific position. It is not given by the recruiters, and it is an estimate based solely on market data.
Experteer's estimation is based on both the analysis of internal data, as well as external information. The Experteer Benchmark is the average market value at the respective level. This value may be up to 15% higher or lower in each company (greater variation may be possible in individual cases).
The Recruiter Benchmark serves as a reference. The actual salary to be obtained depends on factors such as professional experience and expertise.